The Royal College of Music has a long history of success at the highest level in opera and singing. Opera is part of the vocal training students receive at all stages of study, reaching its most focused level at the RCM Opera Studio, with its dedicated course for our most senior students.
Three times each year the RCM mounts a fully-staged opera production. These unique performances provide a vital opportunity for students to experience the professional conditions necessary for their future careers, and for us to showcase the remarkable talent at the RCM.
The RCM Opera Syndicate gives you the opportunity to support young talent and help bring our opera performances to the stage. You will be part of a bespoke group who will enjoy exclusive access to our productions and the creative process.
The Royal College of Music Opera Syndicate offers an exclusive opportunity to support the future of music and to learn how productions are developed from the score to the stage.
You will have a unique chance to learn about the creative journey, joining the cast and artistic team at every step of the process, from initial designs, through to the first night performance.
Syndicate Donor (suggested donation: £1,000 per year)
Syndicate Donors enjoy:
- An invitation to an exclusive preview of the set and costume designs before each production
- Talks by the artistic team to learn more about each production
- Invitations to dress rehearsals
- Priority booking for each opera production
- Invitations to pre-performance receptions
- Exclusive access to the RCM Opera Archives
Syndicate Sponsor (suggested donation: £5,000 per year)
Syndicate Sponsors receive all the benefits of Syndicate Donors, plus:
- Two additional invitations for dress rehearsals
- An invitation for two people to the production of your choice
- A complimentary programme for each production, signed by the cast
- Invitations to 'Meet the Cast' receptions
- An acknowledgement in the opera programme and online
Support our syndicates
If you would like to support our Opera Syndicate, or discuss your options please contact our Senior Major Gifts Manager.