Police registration

Police officer in a fluorescent jacket
The Home Office removed the former requirement for Student visa holders from certain countries to register with the police on arrival in the UK with effect from August 2022. 

If you already have a Police Registration Certificate, officially it is no longer a requirement to retain it. However, we recommend that you still do so, just in case you ever need to refer to the information in the future.

It is no longer necessary to report changes of address or other circumstances to the police. However, these should still be reported to the Home Office. Details of how to do this can be found on the government's website. Please also make sure you let the RCM know about any changes to your contact details, visa, passport or relevant circumstances.

Back to top