We are delighted to offer solo marimba as a principal study at postgraduate level on our Masters in Performance (MPerf) programme.
This unique world class course, devised in association with internationally renowned marimbist Daniella Ganeva, provides a fabulous opportunity to study solo marimba right in the heart of one of Europe’s most spectacular cities – London.
The course includes masterclasses from some of the world’s finest marimbists including She-e Wu when she is in the UK.
The RCM's specialist solo marimba study aims to prepare students for a career as a solo artist through intensive training in all aspects of solo performance, repertoire, techniques, concert programming, recording and management.
- Regular one-to-one lessons
- Regular performance opportunities with an end of year recital
- Ensemble/Chamber music coaching
- Professional development sessions, including career sessions, biographies and industry specialists
- Masterclassses with internationally renowned performers. Recent guests have included Michael Burritt, Ludwig Albert, She-e Wu, Nancy Zeltsman, Jasmin Kolberg, Nebojsa Zivkovic, Ronni Kot Wenzell and Pius Cheung.
Students have full use of the brand new percussion suite and practice facilities which are equipped with Marimba One and Yamaha instruments.
More Information and Application
This unrivalled study opportunity is provided as part of the Masters in Performance (MPerf).
More information is available on the Masters in Performance programme page.
Details of the application procedure are contained in the How to Apply section of our site.