The audition may be one- or two-stage and we will aim to let you know the date of your audition (usually by email) within a week or so of the closing date for applications. Should there be any additional requirements to those listed below we will advise you of these at that time.
For the audition you should be prepared for:
- First Study*: two short contrasting pieces
- Second Study* (if you play one): one short piece
- Sight reading: on your first study instrument only
- Aural tests
- Musical and general discussion
* Please also ensure that you have read the Audition Special Requirements & Conditions document below.
You will need to use our official accompanist and will have time to rehearse with him/her before your audition. The decision of the audition panel is final and we regret that we are unable to enter into correspondence about results.
For details of 2016's audition dates and timeframes, please download the Application Process and Audition Dates document from the How to Apply page.